Certificate of Education Support Teacher AideProvided by Monash University
Simply fill in the details and you'll receive a PDF Info Sheet that outlines pay-rates, employment rates and more. Good Luck!
This course gives you the skills to support students with additional learning needs in primary, secondary and specialist settings.
It will cover historical perspectives of educating students with additional needs.
You will also discover the roles, responsibilities and work conditions of Education Support Staff - Integration Aides/Teacher Aides and gain insight into the process of seeking and applying for jobs in schools.
You will also learn the following:
- Understanding individual learning styles
- Working as part of a team with students, families and staff members
- Understanding and supporting the learning needs of students with:
- Intellectual disabilities
- Learning disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Physical disabilities
- Communication difficulties
- Sensory impairment
- Challenging behaviours
- Teaching and Learning
- Engaging students in learning; Stages of Learning
- Curriculum and the development of Individual Learning Plans.
Course Quick Look
- Awarded By:
- Monash University
- Study Mode:
- Day classes = six hours per day x eight days (9am - 3.30pm) or Evening classes are two 3-hour sessions per week over eight weeks (5.30 - 8.30pm).
- Nationally Recognised: