Privacy and Policies
Updated January, 2017
- When you visit the site
- When you download a free career or industry resource, either directly from the site or through an automated email
- To any of our third-party partners in relation to an email direct marking campaign or any content sharing arrangements
Collection of your personal information
The type of information that Course Look collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website.
(a) Personal Information
Course Look collects personal information about its users. Once an individual decides to make an enquiry about a course, subscribe to our newsletter or download a career, industry or education-related resource, Course Look (upon the individual completing an online form) will collect all or some of the following personal information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- State and country of residence
- Career(s) and/or course(s) of interest
- Enrolment commitment status
We will not store, collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unrelated to the functions or activities of Course Look, or in a manner we believe is unreasonably intrusive. How we use your personal information is set out below in the section entitled “Use of your personal information”.
There is no obligation on you to provide us with any of the personal information that we may request, however not giving accurate information may affect the level of service we are able to provide to you.
(b) Sensitive Information
Generally, Course Look does not collect sensitive information about an individual. Sensitive information, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) includes, but is not limited to, information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Course Look takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Use of your personal information
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at this Site. We may also share this information with our third-party education partners for the purpose of providing you with the best course options. We may also use the information for the following purposes:
- To be of assistance with your enquiries or to assist in processing your enrolment through Course Look’s education and training partners, which will involve disclosing your personal information to the educational provider or entity that provides the course you have enquired about
- To provide information on government study loans, financial subsidies, student support services, or changes to regulations or legislation
- To provide more information about the courses provided by education providers from time to time, as authorised by law
- To offer you personalised and relevant educational information and services to enhance your study and career opportunities
- To provide you with marketing communications as permitted by law, including in relation to our partners’ career and education-related products and services, which includes, but is not limited to, news about education-related products and services similar to those you have made enquiries about
- To provide to any partners on our website (which will be determined by Course Look and may include tertiary and other educational providers as well as other careers stakeholders.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
Course Look uses ‘cookies’ in its website. An HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. You are able to disable cookies from activating on your desktop and mobile devices, however this may restrict access to some services within the Course Look website.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you may contact us at any time to request details about what personal information we hold, or to request that it be changed or deleted. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Course Look reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
You acknowledge that Course Look is not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use, or reliance on any information provided by you or the use of your personal information on any third-party website and any claim you will make in such circumstances will be limited to the owners of such third-party websites.